Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend wonders

Hello everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.

This weekend I got to go here:


Every year Nancy's has a big warehouse sale with vendors and classes and the whole nine yards. Usually it's the first weekend in May. Some of my really good friends and I used to go every year and make a big trip of it, but they have since moved out of state, so our big trip is no more. (Not to worry--many good places to fabric shop when we visit each other!)  But the weather was really good on Saturday and my husband and I were up for a short road trip (about an hour and a half), so off we went. 

We got lunch from the American Legion veterans, conveniently located right across the street from Nancy's:


Look at how that wind was blowing! But the brats and burgers were great, not to mention the bake sale, which they wisely held inside. The hubster hung out there for a while then ran some errands while I explored here:


Lots of stuff to look at! There were some really nice bargains in those bins, plus all the vendors had their own deals. Here's what I left with after I looked at everything:


It doesn't look like much, but I was really happy with it. (Not sure why it's upside down. Hmmm.)

But wait, there's more! We went driving through Beaver Dam, a nice town, in search of a walking trail, and we passed by a rummage sale. There was a sewing machine for sale out front, so how could we not stop?

I passed on the machine, and she had a lot of apparel fabric that I wasn't interested in, but I did see this:



I said, "$10 seems like a lot for an 8 year old pattern." And the woman at the sale said, "It comes with the fabric, but I don't have the batting any more, so you could have it for $8."



Wrap it up! There's more than 5 yards of fabric there!  I also got this for another $10:


She said she didn't like them. I don't know if I like them because I've never used them, but for $10 I can try! Maybe some applique? Maybe a wall quilt? Maybe some paper piecing?

So, that was my excitement for the weekend! Hope yours was good, too!

(No idea why the pictures are weird, and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix them! Any advice?)

No comments: